Looking for a better life is never a bad idea. Having an opportunity to work in your dream country with better quality of life as well as other benefits is something good to behold. Today we shall take a look at how you can get 5 years work permit visa in Canada for yourself as well other opportunities.
If you have been searching for queries such as this or related to Work Permit in Canada for Any Country, 2 year work permit canada, canada work visa requirements, documents required for canada work permit, canada work visa application, work permit visa for canada, canada work permit jobs online apply, canada work permit processing time, open work permit (outside canada), then here are your answers.
Canada Work Permit Visa From Any Country 2025/2026
The Canada Work Permit visa allows foreign skilled workers, particularly restaurant managers, chefs, cooks and truck drivers, as well as trained youth and professionals to work for a specific Canadian employer for a specific period in Canada.
The visa application should be supported by a copy of positive Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA). The occupation, jobs or trade opted by interested candidates, foreign skilled workers and professionals should be listed in the National Occupation Classification (NOC) list. It is a system to classify jobs at national and provincial levels. Hence, the Canada Work Permit visa allows foreign skilled workers, trained youth and professionals to work on temporary basis under authentic Canadian employer.
Foreign skilled workers and professionals are allowed to work for two years with Canadian employer under Canada work permit visa. It is important to note that the duration of this work visa can be extended after fulfilling terms and conditions by both – the Canadian employer and foreign skilled worker/professional (employee).
It is important to note that to keep its economy and industries running, the government continued accepting and processing Canada work permit visa applications amidst COVID 19 pandemic. The importance of this visa can be understood from the fat that every year around 2,00,000 foreign skilled workers and immigrants are granted Canadian work permit visa to allow them to work and stay in Canada.
In order to secure job opportunities under Canada work permit, interested candidates should understand eligibility criteria as well as Canada immigration process in order to save time and money and avoid trap of fake consultants. Therefore, candidates should seek guidance from leading Canada work permit consultancy in Dubai, Key Global Immigration Services, to get Canada work permit visa supported by LMIA.
The Canada immigration work permit expert specialises in facilitating employer sponsored and employer driven immigration programs, which ensures candidates’ successful migration to Canada. This trustworthy Canada work permit consultants in Dubai has been facilitating guidance to interested candidates seeking work permit visa for Canada that helps them to take informed career decisions on basis of their personal and professional details.
What is Canada Work Permit Eligibility Criteria?
The Canada work permit visa eligibility criteria and process is broadly divided into four steps. These steps are as follows –
Step 1: Authentic Canadian employer applies for Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA)
Step 2: After receiving LMIA the employer issues Temporary Job Offer to eligible candidates having relevant (prior) work experience in occupations, jobs and trade listed in NOC. Candidates must have completed Class 12th, have required language proficiency threshold, willingness to work in Canada and sufficient funds.
Step 3: After receiving valid job offer supported by LMIA, the candidates (foreign skilled workers and professionals) submit work permit visa application
Step 4: Canada work permit visa is received by the candidate
It is important to note the documents of candidates related to age, qualification, relevant (previous) work experience, copy of positive LMIA and valid job offer (issued by Canadian employer) are important in receiving Canada work permit visa at the earliest without facing difficulties. Hence, interested candidates should contact the best Canada work permit consultant in Dubai, Key Global Immigration Services, to secure Canada work permit visa in 2023 in hassle-free manner.
What is LMIA?
Also called Labour Market Testing, the Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) simply proves that Canadian employers are granted permission by Employment and Social Development Canada (ESDC) to hire foreign skilled workers and professionals.
Canadian employers seek to hire foreign skilled workers, trained youth and professionals to fulfil demand of labour markets in different industries, domains and sectors in Canadian provinces. In order to get LMIA from ESDC, Canadian employers should advertise job vacancies in different publications, local newspapers, magazines, media platforms, job boards, websites and Canadian Job Bank for at least one month. The Employment and Social Development Canada (ESDC) issues a positive LMIA if Canadian employers do not find suitable or right candidates among locals in Canada to fill job vacancy. Hence, LMIA allows Canadian employers to hire foreign skilled workers and professionals. The LMIA also shows that hiring foreign skilled workers, trained youth and professionals will make positive impact on economy, labour markets and industries in Canada. Except employees required in charitable and religious work, the LMIA (Labour Market Impact Assessment) is always required to get Canada work permit visa.
Candidates should note that if Canadian employer is hiring a candidate to work in Quebec province, then candidate must receive a Certificat d’acceptation du Québec (CAQ) from employer in order to work temporarily in Quebec. The Canada work permit visa is easily issued to candidates if they meet all eligibility criteria and are able to convince the visa officer that their services will help growth of Canadian industries and economy.
What are Types of Canada Work Permit Visa?
A large number of people in Canada are at the stage of retirement. Most of its population include senior citizens as well as residents, who do not qualify for certain jobs and occupations in labour markets and industries. This shows that Canada is facing shortage of labour in several industries, sectors and domains. In order to boost its economy and resolve labour shortage in industries, Canada welcomes immigrants, foreign skilled workers, trained youth and professionals by granting them Temporary Canadian Work Permit or Canada work permit visa. It allows immigrants, foreign skilled workers and professionals to join Canadian industries, earn good salaries in Canadian dollars (CAD) and create bright career.
There are two broad categories of Canada work permit visa which are mentioned below –
Employer-specific work permit – It allows foreign skilled workers, immigrants and professionals to work in Canada as per details mentioned on work permit and copy of LMIA. These details are given below —
- name of Canadian employer
- duration of employment as well as work timings
- Other details such position or designation of employee, job description, location of work place, number of leaves (including medical, casual and privilege) can be availed by employee, salary, perks and benefits
In order to get employer-specific work permit, a copy of positive Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) and a valid job offer letter are required to file Canada work permit visa application.
Open work permit – It allows foreign skilled workers, immigrants and professionals to work for any Canadian employer except those, who are listed as ineligible or those who do not fulfil legal terms and conditions or regularly offers escort services or erotic massages. It is important to note that foreign skilled workers, immigrants, international graduates (students) and professionals get open work permit visa only after fulfilling all eligibility criteria.
What are Benefits of Canada Work Permit Visa?
It is interesting to note that every year more than 200,000 immigrants, foreign skilled workers and professionals get Temporary Foreign Worker Work Permit, also called W1 Worker Visa. Getting Canada work permit visa is a lengthy process, hence candidates must seek help from reliable Canada work permit consultant in Dubai, Key Global Immigration Services, to clearly understand eligibility criteria for immigration, make informed career decisions and get Canada work permit visa in transparent and hassle-free manner.
Candidates having PR status can get various social benefits, welfare schemes like access to basic healthcare facilities free of cost, free education till Class 12 for children, safe and secure surroundings and so on.
What is Canada Work Permit Processing Time?
In order to have Canada work permit visa application on fast track mode, candidates must fulfill all eligibility criteria and seek support from trusted immigration consultant like Key Global Immigration Services to successfully migrate to Canada. Candidates must have below-mentioned list of documents in order to have hassle-free Canada work permit processing time – • Complete visa application form • Valid passport • Valid employment (job) offer from authentic Canadian employer • Letter of invitation • Copy of LMIA • Relevant work experience certificate • Salary slips of last six months • Language proficiency score (IELTS) • Medical exam certificate • Age proof • Educational certificates • Sufficient funds
How Candidates can Ensure Getting Canada Work Permit Visa in Smooth Manner–
Candidates should get following three documents with the help of best work permit visa consultant –
- Immigration consultant must provide a copy of positive Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) issued by the Canadian employer in order to hire foreign skilled professional and immigrants
- Proof of recent visas/ applications filed by consultants. Candidates must crosscheck recent visas/work permit visa applications filed by the consultant in last two years.
- List of references and contact numbers of people, whom consultants helped to secure work opportunities in various domains in Canada.
- Testimonials of successful candidates, skilled workers and immigrants, who received guidance from immigration consultant in order to successfully migrate to Canada and settled there. Candidates must check consultant’s websites and social media handles for such reviews and testimonials.
- Reliable consultant such as Key Global Immigration Services always get good Google reviews by successful candidates, who could settle in Canada with the help of Key Global team
Why Seek Guidance From Key Global Immigration Services ?
Key Global Immigration Services always makes assessment of candidates’ applications on basis of personal and professional details before starting Canada work permit visa processing. It specialises in facilitating employer driven immigration programs, LMIA approved job offer letters, Arranged Employment Offer (AEO), Canadian employer sponsored Provincial Nominee Programs and so on. These gateways help interested candidates to smoothly migrate to Canada and settle there. The transparent, honest and sincere efforts by Key Global Immigration Services provide a lot of satisfaction and value for money to candidates. The trusted immigration consultant in Dubai has been providing right suggestions and guidance to candidates on work permit visa.
As a caregiver, you have options to come to Canada to become a permanent resident or work temporarily.
COVID-19 effect on programs
Due to issues with COVID-19, there may be processing delays with caregiver permanent residence applications (including any related work permit applications). This includes these programs
- Home Child Care Provider
- Home Support Worker
- Live-in Caregiver
- Caring for Children
- Caring for People with High Medical Needs
- Interim Pathway for Caregivers
Permanent residence for caregivers
Keeping your temporary resident status
You must always have valid temporary resident status while working in Canada. You must apply to
- extend your work permit before it expires or
- change its conditions before it expires
If you applied for a new work permit before your current permit expired, you can keep working under the same conditions of your original work permit while you wait for a decision. This is called “maintained status” (previously known as implied status). Please see below for further details.
Work permit applications related to a permanent residence application
Work permit applications submitted on their own
Home Child Care Provider Pilot and Home Support Worker Pilot
You may be able to apply for permanent residence through the Home Child Care Provider Pilot or Home Support Worker Pilot if you:
- meet the eligibility requirements, and
- have a job offer to work in one of these occupations
Through these pilots, you’ll get an open work permit to come to Canada and work temporarily. This work permit:
- is occupation-restricted (so you have to work in that specific occupation)
- doesn’t need a Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA)
- lets you get the work experience you need to be eligible for permanent residence
If you recently worked as a home child care provider or support worker, your experience may count towards your eligibility for permanent residence.
Live-in Caregiver Program
The Live-in Caregiver Program (LCP) is closed to new applicants.
You can only apply for permanent residence through the Live-in Caregiver Program (LCP) if you have at least 2 years of work experience in the program and:
- you’re already working in Canada with an LCP work permit, or
- you were approved for your first LCP work permit based on a Labour Market Impact Assessment submitted to Employment and Social Development Canada on or before November 30, 2014
If you have work experience in Canada as a caregiver but don’t qualify for either of the options above, you may be eligible to immigrate to Canada through a different program.
Temporary work for caregivers
If you don’t meet the requirements for permanent residence as a caregiver, you may be able to work temporarily.
Apply to extend your work permit
If you’re currently working in Canada as a caregiver, you may be eligible to extend your work permit through the Temporary Foreign Worker Program (TFWP).
Your employer will need to get a positive Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) first.
Apply for a new work permit
In most cases, you can apply for a work permit to work in Canada temporarily as a caregiver through the TFWP if one of these applies to you:
- You’re in Canada and eligible to apply for a work permit from inside Canada.
- You’re outside Canada and your employer applied for an LMIA before June 18, 2019.
- You’ll be working in Quebec.
You can’t apply for a new work permit (that needs an LMIA) in these cases:
- Your employer applied for an LMIA on or after June 18, 2019, and
- you’re applying for a work permit from outside Canada through the TFWP and
- you plan to work in a province or territory other than Quebec
- You apply for a work permit at a port of entry on or after April 22, 2022.
- You’re in Canada as a visitor and apply for your first work permit on or after April 22, 2022.
How to apply
Caring for Children Program
The Caring for Children Program ended on June 18, 2019. If you submitted a complete application before June 18, we’ll continue to process it.
If you’re a caregiver who has been caring for children in Canada, you may be eligible for the Home Child Care Provider Pilot.
Caring for People with High Medical Needs Program
Caring for People with High Medical Needs Program ended on June 18, 2019. If you submitted a complete application before June 18, we’ll continue to process it.
If you’re a caregiver who has been working in Canada as a home support worker, you may be eligible for the Home Support Worker Pilot.
Interim Pathway for Caregivers
The Interim Pathway for Caregivers ended on October 8, 2019. If you submitted an application before or on October 8, we’ll continue to process it.
Open work permits for Hong Kong recent graduates
As a Hong Kong recent graduate, you may be eligible to apply for an open work permit under a temporary public policy for Hong Kong residents. The public policy expires on February 7, 2025.
The open work permit is valid for up to 3 years.
On this page
- Who can apply
- How to apply
- After you apply
Who can apply
To be eligible, you must
- hold a valid passport issued by the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region or the United Kingdom to a British National Overseas
- Your work permit will be valid for up to 3 years or until your passport expires, whichever comes first.
- For example, if your passport is valid for 6 months, then you will be issued an open work permit for 6 months.
- To maximize the duration of the open work permit, make sure your passport is valid for at least 3 years from the date of approval.
- Tell us how long you want your work permit to be valid.
- Your work permit will be valid for up to 3 years or until your passport expires, whichever comes first.
- meet the education requirements for post-secondary, graduate or post-graduate studies (see below for details)
Education requirements for post-secondary studies effective February 8, 2023
You must have graduated no more than 10 years before you apply for this open work permit, with one of the following:
- a degree (for example, associate, bachelor’s, master’s or doctoral) from a designated post-secondary learning institution in Canada or an institution abroad
- a diploma from a program of at least 2 years from a designated post-secondary learning institution in Canada or an institution abroad
- a graduate or post-graduate credential
- from a program of at least 1 year
- that required the completion of a post-secondary degree or diploma, as a prerequisite for acceptance into the program
- you must have received the post-secondary degree or diploma no more than 5 years before you started the graduate/post-graduate program
- from one of the following:
- a designated learning institution in Canada
- an institution abroad
If you’ve already applied
If you’ve already applied but you haven’t received a decision, your application will be processed under this change but you must have graduated within 10 years of the date you submitted your work permit application to be eligible.
If you got your education abroad
You don’t need an Educational Credential Assessment (ECA) to apply if you got a degree (for example, associate, bachelor’s, master’s or doctoral) outside Canada, but an officer may request one later.
If you got a post-secondary, graduate or post-graduate diploma outside Canada, you must provide an ECA.
The ECA must be from an organization or a professional body designated by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada. They’ll give you a report that tells you what your education is equal to in Canada.
Processing times and costs for the ECA vary by the organization or professional body.
Once you choose a designated organization or a professional body, they’ll tell you how to submit your documents to get your ECA.
You must use one of these designated organizations:
- Comparative Education Service – University of Toronto School of Continuing Studies
- designated: April 17, 2013
- International Credential Assessment Service of Canada
- designated: April 17, 2013
- World Education Services
- designated: April 17, 2013
- International Qualifications Assessment Service
- designated: August 6, 2015
- International Credential Evaluation Service
- designated: August 6, 2015
How to apply
You must apply for the open work permit online, unless you’re exempt. You can’t apply at a port of entry.
Who can apply on paper
If you’re outside Canada
If you’re in Canada
After you apply
Find out what to do and what happens after you apply for your work permit.
If you plan to apply for permanent residence
There is a Canadian work experience stream under the permanent residence pathways for Hong Kong residents. You can use the work experience you gain with this open work permit or any other work permit to meet the hours of work requirement for this pathway.
If you’re outside Canada when your work permit application is approved
We’ll issue you a letter of introduction with a deadline to enter Canada. If you delay your travel to Canada, you might not be able to get the work experience you need before the permanent residence pathways for Hong Kong residents close on August 31, 2026.